Wednesday, February 7, 2007

LDS Articles of Faith: 11

We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

I have no problem with this Article of Faith. I believe it, and I try to practice it. However, I feel that the Church itself doesn't.

I don't see how it is possible to be a good-standing Mormon, and still worship "according to the dictates of our own conscience" unless our own conscience fits with the rules of Mormonism.

This Article of Faith conflicts with the concept of the Church being the only true church. With the amount of missionary work, along with Church Discipline and temple interview questions, it is hard for me to see how the Church allows all men to "worship how, where, or what they may."

I would love to have a someone explain to me how the Church follows this Article of Faith.

No comments: