Wednesday, January 31, 2007

LDS Articles of Faith: 9

We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

This is one of the Articles of Faith I like. A lot.

I see this as saying that revelation is continuing. I agree with this. I believe that God has revealed things in the past, does so now, and will continue to do so. I agree with the saying "line upon line, precept upon precept." I strongly feel that God shares his Truth with people and societies in small steps, giving them Truth in a way that fits with their knowledge and understanding. I believe that all religions have an element of this Truth, and no religion has a monopoly of it. And I think this Article of Faith shares that.

No comments: